Sunday 9 February 2014

3 milestones in one day

So February 8th 2014 has been an exciting day for Blake. We have our first tooth, bottom right. It's not very visible but I can definately feel it. Secondly Blake pulled himself up to standing on the sofa for the first time. This happened just as Daddy walked through the door and was met with lots of excitement. 

And finally and most exciting for me is that both Bailey and Blake slept all through the night with Bailey waking at 6.40 and Blake at 7.08. This is so exciting and has taken 3 weeks of work of ensuring there is no feeding to sleep and rarely lifting out of the cot if they need soothing in the night. It has actually been easier than I thought. I am not naive enough to think we will never be up in the night again, we might even be up tonight, but at least I know it can happen. 

Just incase Bailey ever looks at this and wants a date for sleeping through the night. Bailey you slept through the night at 1 week old but when I proudly told the midwife this at a check up her face dropped in horror to think I hadn't fed my new born baby at least every 3 hours. I felt like I was about to be wisked away for child abuse. So we had to create a routine which meant sleeping was replaced with more feeding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment